Monday, August 10, 2009

Is that a banana in your window?

August 10, 2009

If you were to go in our kitchen right now or walk through our backyard, you may ask that question. "Is that a banana in your window?" Well, yes that is a banana in our window. I placed it there to try to entice the fruit flies out of the house. I don't know what it is this year, but the fruit flies are worse than ever. I don't recall ever having them, much less this bad (badly?). We have bananas in our kitchen frequently, so it is not due to us suddenly striving for 5. (Does anyone else rely on Gwen Stefani for help in spelling b-a-n-a-n-a-s?) The flies are mocking us at this point as they play "now you see us, now you are clapping at air" games. If all our lights were controlled by The Clapper, we would have some sort of disco thing going on right now.

As you know, Monday is free coffee day at United Dairy Farmers. Beth and I went this morning for a refill, went a block to wash our car, and then drove to a market for some humus and carrots. Around the block from the market was another UDF, so we got another free refill. Beth has to go to her eye exam in about 30 minutes, so I think our mugs will be going with us. We are going to take CJ on the pretense of getting ice cream (united DAIRY farmers), only so we can get some more free coffee. CJ doesn't think I can call it coffee anymore as I usually fill mine about 2/3 of the way with French Vanilla Cappuccino before topping it off with coffee. Not French Vanilla flavored coffee, that would be excessive.

As for Beth's eye exam, she had dutifully taken care of her doctor's visits this year. She has had a physical, mammogram, seen her special females only doctor, was looking on the hair doctor web site today, and is now going for an eye exam. She is afraid her prescription will need to be updated. I don't know, do your eyes change after 25 years? I doubt it, but she is already looking at spending some of our HSA account on new frames and a prescription. I just hope she picks a style for her frames that will be fashionable for all of the next 25 years. I just caught her eating a carrot a couple minutes ago. I accussed her of doing the same thing I do by using the Sonicare toothbrush 4 times and the Waterpik 3 times within the half hour before I go to the dentist. I am not sure carrots can have an affect on your eyesight quite that quickly though.

A storm is brewing, so I am going to drive Beth to her appointment. This is one of those appointments during which you get your eyes dialated, so driving yourself home with those nice big sunglasses on can be a problem. So until my rap names becomes French Vanilla...

No comments:

Post a Comment