Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back from Philadelphia!!!

October 24, 2009

I have returned from my trip to Philly where I provided support help to some Target stores that recently went through remodels. It was a lot of work, but educational. I once thought I would like to be some sort of business traveler, but I have changed my mind. Dealing with the airports, the hotels, the time tables, the roads, and the unknowns can be tiring and boring. Not to mention the constant eating out. Now, there is no way I would make this part of a career move as being away from my family is not something I enjoy in any way, shape, or form.

I do have photos from the trip though, so I will put in some of the better ones.





This is obviously the US Mint. They were not handing out any money samples on this day, but everyone walking out of the building did have really fresh breath.

Because it is the US MINT...and mints smell good...oh, forget it.



This is the cemetery where Ben Franklin was buried. I have a picture of his tomb stone, but it did not come out well at all. Sorry, too much glare. People throw pennies and nickles on his grave stone though. At first I thought it was because it had his picture on them, but then I realized I am a doofus. Instead of being as stupid as everyone else, I threw a twenty dollar bill on his grave. Who's stupid now, huh?









This is Independence Hall. I keep picturing Nicholas Cage in National Treasure finding the glasses invented by Benjamin Franklin up there on the deck below the steeple.



Beth needs the computer, so I will post more later. It is great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment