Sunday, September 20, 2009

An interesting threesome.

September 20, 2009

Don't get any weird ideas about our weekend based on this title. In fact, I may get smited for even having those thoughts.

The three way that did, unexpectedly, take place this weekend, is that CJ's soccer team won Saturday, the Bengals won today, and my fantasy football team won today. Normally, these three things never all happen on the same weekend.

First of the trifecta was CJ's soccer game. They won 4-1 as a boy on their team named Trenton had 4 goals. Trenton was not on our team when I coached the team. When I coached, we had a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 type games as our offense was nonexistent. I am, however, not bitter, AND really happy for his team. While CJ's contribution has been mostly on defense, I still enjoy watching him play. I was very impressed that whatever end of the field the ball was on, there he was. He is getting in shape,and I am proud of him for that.

As for the Bengals, I had 471 heart attacks during the game. First, I was shocked that they were in the game. Second, they kept trying desperately to lose the game once they seemingly had it won. There are reasons to cover couches with plastic that don't include owning pets. Being a Bengals fan will first make you say s***, then actually do it. I will not bore you with the details, but I am very excited that they beat those Cheesheads.

Since I have no desire to lose the one reader I do have, I will never give you details of fantasy football. I won, more than you wanted to know.

The highlight of this weekend was Kids Club. Kids Club is the place to send your children while you attend service. Beth and I just started volunteering there today at the early service before we could then attend the 10:00 service ourselves. We never thought volunteering at Kids Club would be this AWESOME. I can only hope they assign us to the room in which we worked permanently, because the children in this room were ADORABLE!!!! There were 8 of them, and I will give you all their names: Hayden, Griffen, Niko, Taylor, Kaytlin, Seelah, Leah, and Kennedy. I know I should use fake names in case anyone ever actually reads my blog, and it sounds like I did make these names up, but I didn't. They are 3 years old and you could star any one of them in a commercial tomorrow and make ten billion dollars. Unbelievable.

Beth attracts children like moths to our back porch light due to her warm smile and big brown eyes. At one time, she had two little girls sitting next to her on the floor like they were her own adoring children. I have a mental picture. I could not take a photo with my phone (as if that were actually allowed), since my phone's only ap is paperweight mode. I also had a couple of boys that I would adopt in two seconds if there were ever a need as they were totally way too cute. The only challenge they presented, was when one of them went to the bathroom. I don't think we are allowed to go in there with them (I'll have to check the rules on that), but the person in charge left the little dude in there by himself, with an adult size toilet, and a look on his face that was something like, "how am I supposed to get this thing all the way up there?" I came to the rescue and all was not lost, or spilled for that matter. It was truly an experience that leads me to know the path for why I am on this planet. Sleeping in is not an acceptable trade for this experience. I am already sad that I cannot do it next weekend due to my Target work schedule.

Anyway, the last bit of info I have for you today, is that this weekend is apparently "Talk Like a Pirate" weekend. Therefore, I will leave you with this thought: Aaaarrrgggh matey, I think Captain Feathersword is a weeee bit creeeeepy, now don't ya know. Sorry, that's all I got.

Until I meet the Wiggles in a dark alley and they kick my butt...

No comments:

Post a Comment