Saturday, June 11, 2011

We are Freeman!!

June 11, 2011



They have arrived!!  After 10 hours in the car, they made it.  There was an accident on the way and several stops for sliders (White Castle) and potty breaks, so they rolled into our neighborhood around 8:00 last night.  It is always humorous how after a trip like this, the parents are worn out and ready for bed, yet the kids are ready to run around the block several times.  I caught a photo of Julia sitting on the couch where she remained for approximately 4 seconds.

The hit of the night was the look on the kids faces when they saw the bed linens Beth had set up for them.  She had one set of Cars II sheets and two sets of Princess sheets.  We had purchased three twin-sized air mattresses and set them up in a stack due to space constraints.  Being the good uncle I am, I explained to Ben that the stack was the actual sleeping arrangement.  He would be on the bottom with his sisters on top.  So excited was he to sleep on his Cars sheets that he climbed on in and prepared for a long summer's nap.  Perhaps too long.  His sister, Mary, climbed on her bed and they settled in for the night.


You can see Ben's arm sticking out under the stack.  He is the pea and Mary is the princess. 

I am neglecting my guests, so I will get back to you as soon as more pictures are available.  Just wait until I teach Ben how to cook with fire.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if she felt the pea? I bet if she peed, he'd be feeling it. That was gross.

    ReplyDelete