Friday, January 18, 2013

He did write the songs that made the whole world cry

January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Sis!!

I am trying to remember if I have ever used my sister's name on this blog, but I am guessing not.  I try not to use any one's real name for fear that the public will want so badly to meet these people that there will be stalking and such.  My sister's life has been chronicled as being way glamorous on this blog, so her identity is to remain hidden.

So I have tried to remember a good story about my sister, but the best I could decide on, was this one.

There was a time when she and I would be home by ourselves while my parents were at work and my brother was off at college or doing something...can't remember.  So she and I were about 13 and 17ish.  I used to go about the house tormenting her with Bob Seger songs while she blasted Barry Manilow.  No, her being a Maniloonie is not the story.  Should be, but not.

One day she caught me by surprise with a well-timed line.  I was belting out the lyrics, "Call me a rebel, call me what you will..."; and she had the nerve to interrupt with, "Okay, you're an asshole."   !!!

Respect.

Happy Birthday.  I hope your family is spoiling you rotten today.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the bday wish, and we didn't do anything fabulous I'm afraid, too old for that! It's so funny how you come up with these memories that I don't recall....though calling you an a-hole sounds about right! Happy birthday to you as well. And you could probably use my name, I think you have previously, coz let's face it, you don't reveal the name usually to protect the innocent....

    ReplyDelete