Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm More Mature Today Than Yesterday

June 22, 2012

Here it is, Friday of vacation week already. Vacations go so fast it is ridiculous. Of course, having Target things to do on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday did not help slow the week down at all.

As for Target Tuesday, I think my interview for the real promotion and real pay increase went well. I checked my email on Wednesday and Thursday and heard nothing, but I won't take it personally just yet. They way I feel about it is that if the interview I had was not good enough, then I am not what they are looking for. Unless I went all Robin Williams and snorted some cocain prior to the interview to become "out-of-body fun guy", I cannot be more smiley than I was. One bit of feedback I received the previous week from my district manager was that I do not smille enough during the interview.

Let's see, tell me about a time when you had to organize your time and resources to accomplish a difficult task. Me answering, DM feeding back-hey you could have smiled right there. Really? Are you sure I wouldn't have appeared Charles Mansonish with an innapropriate smile just then? Whatever.

I had my doctor's appointment on Thursday for my real knee issue, and it went well also. The doctor said I do have some fluid, but since I have only been on the new anti-inflamatory a few days, we need to give it more time to work. His physical exam led him to believe that there is no tear. Thank goodness. I am now supposed to treat with some active rest. That means okay to walk, not good to use stairs, ladders, kneel, or do any deep knee bends. I think I can handle it. I even did a little bike riding since that activity is supposed to provide some physical therapy. I do not ride often and both my knees were like, "What the Eff!"

In other not about me news, CJ turned 15 1/2 on the 20th. No, we did not celebrate, but the significance is that you can get your driving temps here in Ohio at 15 1/2. I asked CJ if he wanted to get his temps, and he declined. He amused me when he pointed out that it's funny how the state thinks that on the 19th he is too immature to drive, but on the 20th, here's the keys.

I asked him why he declined the temps and he gave me a very legitimate reason. You remember how there used to be Scared Straight show? They send juvenile delinquents to prisons to have inmates scare them into not wanting to go to prison. It is also a good premise for preventing teenage pregnancy. No, not the prison thing, but having teens work a couple days in a day care. Not a lot of unprotected sex after that.

CJ's scared straight moment occured when he rode to see Great Aunt Rhetta with Beth and Grandma. Beth drove, but that does not mean she was in charge of the vehicle. Beth is neither the most confident drivier nor the best with directions to the West side of Cincinnati, so Grandma copilots. However, rather then choosing the most practical or direct route to the destination, Grandma chooses the one with the best visual aides to stories about her childhood or people she knew. It has a tendency to take you through congested, hard to navigate parts of town as well as Interstate 75 at rush hour. In addition, if grandma died on the way (God forbid), Beth and CJ would be hopelessly lost.

Needless to say, CJ has decided that he does not belong behind the wheel of a car just yet. He learned some new curse words on the trip as well. I am sorry I missed it.

We have 4 people using our wi-fi right now, so Blogger is acting strangely. I am going to go ahead and publish so you will be able to see what my posts would look like without spell check. I am not as think as you smart I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment